Insulation Energy Appraisal Service
Let our Certified* Insulation Energy Appraisers show you how you can significantly reduce your facility’s energy costs and environmental impact.
Our appraisers use sophisticated software to evaluate the thermal performance of your insulated and/or uninsulated piping and equipment. They will document your actual Btu losses, translate those losses into dollars, and calculate your greenhouse gas emission levels. Most importantly, they can project total potential energy savings/emissions reductions with an upgrade to your insulation system.
After they have completed a thorough assessment of your facility, you will receive a customized report containing an analysis of all the data gathered during the appraisal process. The report is designed to help you make informed business decisions regarding insulation that can have significant payback for the life of your facility. Insulation systems provide an excellent return on investment and quick payment through cost savings.
Call us today and see how an Insulation Energy Appraisal can show you where potential energy savings exist in your facility. You will be amazed at the energy and dollar savings and emissions reduction achieved by investing in a properly insulated system.
*Our appraisers are certified through the National Insulation Association (NIA).
Energy Audit Example
- Business Problem: All departments are asked to determine ways to save money.
- Solution: The facilities management team identifies uninsulated steam, condensate and hot water lines. They ask Bartelt Insulation to perform an on-site evaluation. Here is what they learned:
- Pipe Size: 2 inches
- Uninsulated footage: 1000 ft
- Process temperature: 200° F
- Average ambient temperature: 75° F
- Annual hours of operation: 8320
- Fuel Cost ($/MCF): $10.00
- The heat loss per foot of uninsulated pipe is over two million BTU per year.
- Follow-up: By installing one inch of fiberglass pipe insulation to the uninsulated pipes, the company saved $26.59 per foot of pipe per year.
- Total savings of $26,590 the first year.
- Cost to insulate pipe: $12,900
- Pay back: six months.
Case Study Photos
Click on a thumbnail image below to view a larger image.